Yummy Chocolate Almonds Recipe
I just made this recipe in my dehydrator yesterday. They didn’t even finish drying before my kids finished them! So I’m starting a new double batch now. It’s a great treat to get RAW, SPROUTED nutrition into your family’s routine, and it’s an easy way to use the raw almonds from this year’s Group Buy.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 2 tbsp date syrup
- 1 tbsp raw chocolate powder (or nonalkalized unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1/4 tsp Original Himalayan Crystal Salt
- Soak your raw almonds in water overnight, then drain and allow them to air dry for an hour or two.
- Mix all remaining ingredients well, then stir in nuts.
- Spread evenly on dehydrator tray and dry until no longer wet/sticky (about 14-18 hours) below 116 degrees. Enjoy!
Robyn Openshaw, MSW, is the bestselling author of The Green Smoothies Diet, 12 Steps to Whole Foods, and 2017’s #1 Amazon Bestseller and USA Today Bestseller, Vibe. Learn more about how to make the journey painless, from the nutrient-scarce Standard American Diet, to a whole-foods diet, in her free video masterclass 12 Steps to Whole Foods.