When were in Cali, we bought lots of snacks at health food stores to stock the SunWarrior Party House. (I know, I know, I said I’d never do it again, but Tony Ricco and his water balloons weren’t there.) We bought these fabulous little things called Nori Nachos. So of course we saved the package with the ingredients, and we came home and duplicated it. It’s a great recipe if you like cheesy chips, and it’s a great way to get iodine-rich nutritional support for your thyroid. Here it is, ENJOY!
- 6 nori sheets (raw are the most nutritious, toasted have the mildest flavor)
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup cashews
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Puree tomato, carrot, vinegar, and lemon juice until smooth in high-speed blender, about 60 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except nori sheets) and blend again until smooth, about 60 seconds.
- Spread mixture in a thin layer on nori sheets. Cut sheets into desired shapes and place on racks in dehydrator.
- Dry below 115 degrees for approximately 24 hours, until crispy. Keep at room temperature in a paper sack.
Read next: How to Break Your Sugar Addiction in 4 Days
Robyn Openshaw, MSW, is the bestselling author of The Green Smoothies Diet, 12 Steps to Whole Foods, and 2017’s #1 Amazon Bestseller and USA Today Bestseller, Vibe. Learn more about how to make the journey painless, from the nutrient-scarce Standard American Diet, to a whole-foods diet, in her free video masterclass 12 Steps to Whole Foods.
Posted in: Recipes