The most delicious carrot soup, you’ve gotta try this!
Here’s another fabulous garden recipe that is helping me thrive on my mostly-liquid diet. You will LOVE it, and it’s all raw! Thank you to Patty, who made it for me. I met her at CHI in Michigan a year ago, and brought her out to work for us full-time. I am so thankful, since I was killing myself with overwork, and my kids adore her and think she is the Raw Mary Poppins. It was hard to do, and it’s hard to admit, since I did EVERYTHING myself, from scratch, for 20 years. But because of my work schedule, I needed help. I’m telling you because you’ll see her all over my blog, I’m sure. I’ll share lots of recipes we’re developing.
Patty’s a Level III Raw Chef, which means not only is she very accomplished, but also, she can certify Level I and II. We just decided she’ll be teaching certification classes to locals around the first of the year, in my home. Get excited, because this girl can COOK! Or “arrange the elements,” as we like to say in the “raw” world!
Simply Elegant Raw Indian Carrot Coconut Soup
- One young Thai coconut
- 3 cups Carrot Pulp (I save it from juicing — or you can shred carrots in your food processor or blend carrots with coconut liquid to make a pulp)
- The juice of one lemon
- The juice of one tangerine
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon garam masala (Indian seasoning)
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups fresh almond milk
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 Tablespoons coconut nectar
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Crack the coconut and pour the coconut water in your high-speed blender. (Or use 1 ½ cups canned coconut water.)
- Scoop the coconut meat and add it to the blender.
- Juice lemon and tangerine in a citrus juicer and add to blender.
- Add all other ingredients — except cayenne.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowl and dehydrate at 110 for three hours.
- Ladle servings into a bowl and sprinkle cayenne pepper on top to suit your taste. (I like about 1/2 a teaspoon per bowl but that’s VERY hot!)
Posted in: Recipes