Here’s my video showing Tennyson why food matters in his life, and why he
should make good decisions about food.
He’s no different than you and me. He needs REASONS. And praise.
Here are my tips for teaching your kids–some I mention on the video, and
some you’ll just see me DOING:
1. Make it relevant to their lives. (In Ten’s case, link it to sports
2. Keep it short. (I didn’t do a good job of this in the video. This
was for your benefit to tell you a bunch of things you can say to YOUR
3. Make it interesting.
4. Make it visual.
5. Involve them. Ask them questions.
6. Avoid clichÃ©s like “eat your greens.” Tell them WHY eat greens.
7. Use car time. We spend a lot of time in the car. They’re trapped
there. So talk to them about things that matter when they can’t roll their
eyes and run away.
8. Ask them what they notice, when they eat right, and praise their