Tried-and-True Alternatives to Antibiotics
Print this blog entry and keep it handy! Part of being empowered to leave behind reliance on drugs and surgeries, is having an arsenal of alternative solutions that do no harm.
Key among them–if I may run this into the ground already!–is making your body a strong organism against threats. You do that with raw, alkaline plant foods, and only rare use (if you must) of white flour, sugar, dairy, and meat.
But here are 10 tried-and-true suggestions made here by my BRILLIANT, AMAZING READERS, and I’m sure readers will post even more effective ways to kill infections, both viral and bacterial, without blasting your army of healthy microorganisms, causing thrush, yeast infections, allergies, and high probability of getting sick again soon. Please add what’s worked for you, to help others.
Virtually all of the items in this list can be purchased at most health food stores. Have them on hand!
- Strep throat: 6 drops of Lugol’s iodine solution, in 1 Tbsp. vegetable glycerin, coat the throat in it, 3x a day.
- Strep throat: goldenseal tincture, several times a day, and colloidal silver. [Robyn’s]
- Ear infection: ear candles. (Doesn’t eliminate infection, but gets blocked fluids moving and draining.)
- Ear infection: pour hydrogen peroxide in the affected ear. Let foam and bubble for a few minutes. Drain, repeat as necessary. Follow up up with garlic oil, tincture of lobelia, or onion juice (from a fresh onion). Seal the ear with a cotton ball for a day. [from Robyn: I did this with fresh onion juice, too, with good results]
- For anything: take a teaspoon of Dr. Christopher’s Super Garlic Immune Formula (Anti-Plague) several times a day at the first sign of a cold or illness. [Robyn’s fave: AMAZING results. Everytime you’re willing to live with garlic breath! ALWAYS have this around for the winter.]
- For anything: colloidal silver [Robyn: I am always amazed at how effective CS is]
- For anything: garlic
- For anything: grapefruit seed extract [Robyn: my mom swears by this one]
- For anything: Thyme, Oregano, Lemon, Tea Tree Essential Oils
- For bronchial infection: NAC, Flucomune (ayurvedic formula available at health food store)
Posted in: Health