Sprouted Quinoa Salad with Dressing | GreenSmoothieGirl
This delicious Sprouted Quinoa Salad with Dressing introduces you to the sprouting foods concept. As a result, this can develop into a wonderful health habit. We emphasize this practice in the 12 Steps To Whole Foods online course.
This recipe uses high-protein grains, and is slightly sweetened with the grape and apple dressing. Because of this combination, the yummy Sprouted Quinoa Salad is perfect for you to serve cold at a picnic with friends and family.
Sprouted Quinoa Salad with Dressing
This recipe is delicious and it will get you introduce you to the habit of sprouting, a practice we emphasize in the 12 Steps to Whole Foods course. It also uses high-protein grains, and comes with a dressing!
- 2 C sprouted quinoa (see instructions for how to sprout)
- 3 C sliced red grapes
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 C basil leaves, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced (include most of the green part)
- 2 C diced broccoli or 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 C raw cashews, chopped
- 1 small apple (Pink Lady, Fuji, Jonagold)
- juice from 3 small or 2 large limes
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried mint leaves, chopped (or 1/4 C fresh)
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Sprout quinoa a day or two in advance. To sprout quinoa: Rinse it well, then soak it several hours. Drain it, then let it sit in a fine mesh strainer on the counter for a day or two—just rinse it twice a day until you use it.
Toss all ingredients, except cashews, lime juice, apple, olive oil, mint leaves, salt, and pepper.
In a high-powered blender, purée lime juice, apple, olive oil, mint leaves, salt, and pepper.
Pour dressing over salad and marinate a few hours in the fridge, if time allows.
Add cashews right before serving.
[Related Recipe: Sprouted Quinoa Salad]