Sautéed Garlic Spinach | GreenSmoothieGirl
This healthy Sauteed Spinach Recipe is my favorite way to eat (cooked!) spinach. As it’s a vegan dish, this recipe uses olive oil and pine nuts for a warm flavor profile.
For easy instructions, watch my how-to video below!
Sautéed Garlic Spinach
This is Robyn's favorite way to eat spinach.
- 2 lbs. spinach leaves, coarsely chopped (80% of Costco bag)
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 10+ garlic cloves, coarsely chopped (or you can use whole garlic cloves)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 C pine nuts, toasted under broiler (optional)
- lemon wedges (optional)
Sauté the garlic in olive oil for about 1 min. until garlic is clear.
Add the spinach and seasonings and sauté for 1-2 min. or until spinach is wilted.
Optionally, toss in pine nuts.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
This savory recipe is more than just a side dish. If you’re running late and have no time to create an elaborate dinner, this recipe is a lifesaver, taking under ten minutes to make! Brilliantly simple, deliciously healthy.
[Related Recipe: Cheesy Kale/Collard Crisps]
[Related Blog Post: How to Freeze Spinach, Kale, and Other Leafy Greens for Later(With Shortcuts!)]