Christmasy Salad With Tangy Dill Dressing | GreenSmoothieGirl
This Christmasy salad is made with lots of green and red produce. Because of the colorful ingredients, it has a delicious, interesting combination with nuts and fruit in the greens. This salad is the kind you take to a party, and is the first to disappear!
Christmasy Salad with Tangy Dill Dressing
I have noticed an interesting phenomenon: the salads people like best are the ones that have interesting combinations of nuts and fruit in the greens. This salad is that kind—the one you take to a party and is the first to disappear. Everyone will ask you for the recipe. And, your family will be delighted if you make it at home, too, to avoid burning out on the “same old” salad.
- 4 C kale and/or collards (cut into ribbons)
- 1 C green cabbage (finely chopped)
- 1 C red cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 C radishes (finely chopped or julienned)
- 2 apples (shredded)
- 1 large mango (finely chopped)
- 3/4 seeds from a pomegranate
- 2 avocados diced
- 1/4 C fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 C fresh orange juice
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Bragg liquid aminos
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. dried dill weed (or ¼ C fresh)
To save time, I chop by hand only the kale, collards, mango, and avocado. The cabbage, apples, and radishes I coarsely grate in my food processor.
Mix all well.
Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender.
Pour over salad and mix well.
Enjoy right away or store in fridge with a cover, for later use.
[Related Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Smoothie]