Patty’s Caprese Salad | GreenSmoothieGirl
Patty's Caprese Salad
This savory dish is loaded with fresh tomatoes, olives, basil, and "Rawcotta" cheese to please any Italian-dish lover.
- 10 tomatoes
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 3 cups Patty's Rawcotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch salt
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- crushed black pepper
- ~13 favorite olives
- Slice tomatoes and arrange on a large plate or platter
- Wash and chop basil and cover tomatoes with it, leaving a ring of about ¼ inch red tomatoes on the outside.
- Mix 3 ¾ rawcotta cheese with rosemary.
- Plop teaspoons full of rawcotta-rosemary cheese onto each tomato at the outside of the plate and then working into the center of the dish on some of the tomatoes forming a nice circle of tomatoes that have cheese on them (probably about 2/3 of the tomatoes will have cheese).
- Make a simple dressing in your high-speed blender with garlic cloves, vinegar, ¼ cup of rawcotta cheese, pinch of salt and two pitted dates.
- Drizzle the simple dressing over the dish.
- Place olives on some of the tomatoes that have cheese.
Grind fresh pepper over top of dish, serve, and enjoy!