Ultimate Green Smoothie Recipe
Ultimate Green Smoothie
This is the green smoothie recipe I nearly always use! Have some fun with it by experimenting with different kinds of berries to create different flavors and colors.
I always adjust it based on what’s in my fridge or what’s in season, adding blueberries and strawberries in the summer or raspberries and blackberries late into the fall. You can even take your kids on a farmer’s market scavenger hunt to find more obscure berries – like loganberries, marionberries, or vibrant pink salmonberries!
Of course, frozen berries will also work in this recipe, making the Ultimate Green Smoothie truly live up to its name.
- 1 ½ cups water and ice
- 2 large leaves kale with stems
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop protein powder any flavor
- 2 TBS sprouted ground flax or TriOmega
- In high-speed blender, blend water, ice, and greens for 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.