“Tuna” Walnut Pate | GreenSmoothieGirl
"Tuna" Walnut Pate
This recipe from my friends Michael and RaeVern Dumond makes for an excellent meat-free sandwich or cracker dip.
- 3 cups raw walnuts, soaked 2+ hours
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- dash Crystal Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 2 tbsp dry dill
- 2-3 tbsp organic dry french onion powder
Use food processor with “S” blade, adding walnuts, lemon juice, olive oil, tamari, salt, and garlic powder. Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl with rubber spatula.
- Transfer to medium bowl, with large fork add parsley, dill and onion powder.
- Stir and mash until thoroughly mixed. Enjoy as a cracker dip or sandwich filling.