Tonya’s For Cryin’ Out Loud Onion Bread | GreenSmoothieGirl
Tonya’s For Cryin’ Out Loud Onion Bread
A delicious snack for traveling or to accompany a healthy meal! A reader sent this recipe in years ago, and it's been a favorite ever since.
- 3 large yellow onions
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 3 cups flaxseed, ground
- 3 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 cup extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- Soak flax and sunflower seeds overnight in 6 cups water
- Peel and quarter onions and slice them in food processor with “S” blade (or shred them using the large shred blade—this will somewhat “juice” the onions).
- Slice/shred spinach. Add Bragg’s, olive oil, soaked seeds, and stir well.
- Spread mixture on teflex sheets in dehydrator (4-5 trays). Dehydrate at 100 degrees until desired consistency is achieved.
- Flip to dry on the other side. Unless you made them very dry crackers, store in fridge.