Quinn’s Russian Cream and Berries | GreenSmoothieGirl
Quinn’s Russian Cream and Berries
My cousin Quinn makes this fabulous, healthy version of the delicious Russian cream and berries parfait.
- 2 envelopes vegan gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups plain yogurt or kefir
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp alcohol-free almond extract
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries
Combine water and gelatin in sauce pan and simmer 5 minutes.
Combine rest of ingredients together, fold and mix with whisk until smooth. Do not beat.
Pour into small dishes or large bowl. Chill several hours or overnight. Serve with berry sauce and fresh berries.
- Combine 2 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries (or just one type of berry). When berries are thawed and broken up, add 1/2 t. stevia and 1 T. orange juice concentrate.
- Thicken by adding a little cornstarch and water. Boil for a few minutes stirring until sauce is no longer chalky looking and is a little thickened.
- Add to the top of yogurt mixture.