Pumpkin Waffles | GreenSmoothieGirl
Fall in love with these densely delicious pumpkin waffles!
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut oil liquid
- 3 tbsp sucanat or unrefined coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup yogurt or kefir
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs or 3 Tbsp. chia soaked in 9 Tbsp. water
- Mix rolled oats in your high-power blender to break them down to a coarse meal.
Mix the whole-wheat flour, oats, yogurt, and water together, then cover and let sit overnight (optionally).
In the morning, add the remaining ingredients and mix by hand, but don’t overmix.
Batter is dense, and baking time usually must be longer than waffle timer indicates.