Pink Hummus Quesadillas | GreenSmoothieGirl
Pink Hummus Quesadillas
My kids really love this East-Meets-West recipe—and if you fry them until barely crispy on both sides, the live, sprouted nutrition of the chickpeas (garbanzo beans) is mostly retained. If using dried chickpeas, start a few days early to sprout them, rinsing, draining, and turning them in a jar 2-3 times a day.
- 1 C dried chickpeas soaked overnight and sprouted 3 days (will grow sprouts and become more volume than 1 C) or 1 can chickpeas, rinsed well
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 Tbsp. water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ C sun-dried tomatoes drained
- ½ C salsa
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 C spinach chopped
- 1 C cilantro chopped
- 1 C dairy-free cheese alternative
- Put the lemon juice, olive oil, water, and garlic into a blender, then add the chickpeas and blend until smooth.
- Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray or heat ½ tsp. olive or coconut oil on medium-high heat.
Place a corn tortilla in the pan, sprinkle with dairy-free cheese alternative, and spread hummus on top, ½" thick. Pile the chopped spinach and cilantro and top with another sprinkle of dairy-free cheese alternative. Put another tortilla on top, and flip after 60 seconds
Fry on the other side for 60 seconds, then remove from the pan. Cut in half with a pizza cutter and serve immediately. Makes 6 quesadillas.