Beginner’s Luck Lucky Green Smoothie
One of the best ways to get your kids excited about drinking green smoothies is to let them get in on the fun of making them. That’s easy with this recipe thanks to the addition of green grapes. Bring your child into the kitchen and let them drop each grape – one-by-one – through the hole in the lid of your blender, watching it disappear into the swirling vortex of blades below. Amp up the excitement by creating a fun scenario, like dropping lizard eggs into slime or plopping emeralds into princess potion. By the time it’s done, your kids will be clamoring for this healthy green smoothie they helped you make!
- 1 ½ cups water and ice
- 3 large handfuls spinach or mixed greens
- 3 cups frozen or fresh green grapes
- 1 scoop protein powder any flavor
- 2 TBS sprouted ground flax (or TriOmega)
- In high-speed blender, blend water, ice and greens for 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.