Curried Quinoa | GreenSmoothieGirl
Make sure to watch my video!
- 1¼ C quinoa rinsed well (soak for a few minutes, then drain in a fine strainer)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 Tbsp. ginger root grated
- 1 can diced green chili peppers
- 1¼ tsp. turmeric
- 1¼ tsp. coriander
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 C water
Rinse and drain quinoa well (after soaking for a few minutes first, so grains absorb water and don’t run through the sieve). Sauté the onions and peppers in oil in a saucepan. Add the ginger, quinoa, and green chilies, and cook for 1 min.
Add the remaining spices and cook for another minute. Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 min. Fluff with a fork before serving.