Mean Green Detox Smoothie | GreenSmoothieGirl
Have you done much cooking with spirulina? (Not that we’re exactly “cooking” here, but you get the point.) Well, this Mean Green Detox Smoothie will change that!
You’re probably familiar with the rest of the ingredients, but do you know exactly just how good they are for you? You might be surprised!
Mean Green Detox Smoothie
A healthy myriad of fruits and veggies combine to make this green detox smoothie
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 banana
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 chopped English Cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups kale, rinsed and de-stemmed
- 1 small organic lemon, quartered
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 tsp spirulina
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup ice
Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and mix until smooth to enjoy
What is a “detox” anyway? I’ll give you a little rundown here, and if you’re interested in more you can take my free Detox Mini Masterclass.
The benefits of detoxing are numerous. It clears you of brain fog, and alleviates your depression, anxiety, and inflammation. It can cause you to lose weight too! And these are just some of them.
Detoxing is something our bodies do daily, hourly, by the minute and second, through our organs. Your liver, kidneys, colon, skin, even lungs are all working to clear you of the toxins you breath, ingest, and touch every day. Wouldn’t it be nice to help your body help you?
You can help your body out by drinking an easy-to-digest drink or smoothie, like our Mean Green Detox Smoothie. It’s not only easier on the gut, but also packed with healing nutrients for each part of your body. Let’s take a look at some of the ingredients.
- Celery has many important antioxidants that reduces inflammation, supports digestion, and has an alkalizing effect on your body. Remember, an acidic environment is optimal for cancer and other diseases. Celery also has a low glycemic index, plus it is full of vitamins K, A, and C, folate, and potassium. And, lots of fiber to help your gut move things easily.
- Spirulina is a thread-like green bacteria that can be dried and consumed, usually in a powder form. It is a very powerful antioxidant with amazing anti-inflammatory properties. It can also lower your triglyceride levels (the fat in your blood that can cause heart disease) and may even have anti-cancer properties.1
- Pineapple also has lots of Vitamin C and fiber, just like celery. It contains manganese as well, a trace mineral your body needs in small amounts for the normal functioning of your brain, nervous system, and many of your enzyme systems. (Enzymes are what help your body do things like digest food. I have a PreZymePro supplement that might help you out as well). Your body can store this up, but it cannot make it. You need to get it from your diet. By eating pineapple in a detox, you’re giving all your systems a boost to work better and easier.
These are just some of the ingredients too! Why not try out the Mean Green Detox Smoothie, and let us know how you feel in the comment section below?
[Related Recipe: Immune-Fuel Hot LemonAid]
[Related Article: 9 Detoxifying Drinks: What Works? What Doesn’t?]
- Karkos, P D et al. “Spirulina in clinical practice: evidence-based human applications.” Evidence-based complementary and alternative medicine : eCAM vol. 2011 (2011): 531053. doi:10.1093/ecam/nen058