Flaxseed Cookies | GreenSmoothieGirl
Shop Robyn’s favorite Sprouted Flax or Sprouted TriOmega HERE
- 1½ C honey raw
- 1 C coconut oil solid
- 3 eggs organic, free-range
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 3 C GSG Sprouted Flax or Sprouted TriOmega
- 3 C finely ground whole-grain flour spelt, Kamut, or soft white wheat is preferable
- 3 C regular rolled oats coarsely ground in a high-powered blender (measured after grinding)
- ½ C regular rolled oats coarsely ground in a high-powered blender and set aside
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
Cream together the coconut oil and honey, then blend in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flax seed, flour, 3 C rolled oats, and baking soda and mix well.
Form dough into four logs about 1½" in diameter and roll in the ½ C rolled oats, as they will be sticky. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze immediately.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350° F, remove the dough from the freezer 10-15 min. before you want to use it, and slice the frozen dough into ¼" slices. Bake 8-10 min.
Note that the cookies will not brown very much.