Beans and Greens Soup | GreenSmoothieGirl
Beans and Greens Soup
A hearty and deep-down nourishing soup for the cold-weather days.
- 4 cups water
- 4+ cups kale, chopped
- 3 cups cooked navy beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 1-2 potatoes, washed and diced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3-4 tbsp red miso dissolved in 3-4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- In large pot, combine all ingredients, except miso, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Just before serving, stir in miso, lemon juice, and yeast. Refrigerate leftovers and use within 5-7 days, or freeze for longer period.