Southwest Quinoa Salad | GreenSmoothieGirl
Southwest Quinoa Salad
A light and filling summertime meal, this protein-packed dish is healthy, yummy, and easy to make
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed well
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups black beans, rinsed well
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 heaping tbsp grated lime zest
- 1/4 fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
Whisk together the lime zest and juice, olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper in a serving bowl.
Simmer the quinoa in water uncovered for about 10 min. Turn off the heat, cover, and let stand 10 min.
Strain any excess water. Add quinoa to dressing and toss well, then stir in remaining ingredients (beans, tomatoes, scallions, cilantro). Enjoy!