A wonderful blend of spices and vegetables for a perfect dinner for 4
- 2 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, monced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 bay leaves
- 5 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- optional Parmesan cheese rind
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery and cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the zucchini, green beans, potatoes, diced tomatoes, rosemary, basil, bay leaves, vegetable stock, tomato juice, beans and optional Parmesan cheese rind.
- Bring to a boil, then lower temperature to a simmer and allow the soup to cook for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add kale and cook for additional 5 minutes.
Add salt and pepper and taste for seasoning, add more if needed. Remove the bay leaves and Parmesan rind before enjoying