Indian Green or Yellow Dahl | GreenSmoothieGirl
Indian Green or Yellow Dahl
This easy and filling meal contains both a grain and legume for a perfect protein-filled dinner
- 2 cups split peas or yellow lentils
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp kelp granules optional
- 1 tsp salt for rice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt for peas/lentils
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- In separate saucepans, rinse split peas and brown rice well. Cover each with fresh water and allow to soak several hours. Drain well.
- Add 3 cups water and 1 tsp. salt to the rice, and 4 cups water to the split peas, bring each to a boil, and reduce heat for 45 mins.
- Add all seasonings except cilantro to peas/lentils, and mash with a spoon. Serve dahl over brown rice and sprinkle liberally with cilantro.
Categories: Main Dishes