Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Banana Nut Bread | GreenSmoothieGirl
Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Banana Nut Bread
This healthy baked treat uses xylitol, which has 40% fewer calories. Delicious!
- 6 tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 1 cup XyloSweet xylitol granules
- 3-4 very ripe bananas
- 3 eggs or 3 Tbsp. chia soaked in 9 Tbsp. water for 10 mins or more
- 1/2 cup organic buttermilk or ½ cup organic milk, with ½ tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice added
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (quinoa, buckwheat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup walnuts, hazelnuts, or pecans, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour a 9”x5” pan.
In a bowl, mix dry ingredients and set aside. Use an electric mixer to cream butter and xylitol together until light and well combined.
Add bananas and lightly beaten eggs (or soaked chia). Mix well. Add buttermilk and mix just until incorporated into the batter.
Slowly add dry ingredients to batter, and stir. Do not overmix, as the final batter should still be lumpy.
Pour batter into baking dish. Fill pan to 2/3 full (if you have extra, use it to fill muffin tins, which will require less baking time).
Bake about 55-60 minutes until bread is a golden brown and has pulled away from the sides of the pan slightly. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
Remove from oven and allow the bread to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool completely before slicing.