Broccoli-Rice Bake with Coconut Curry Sauce | GreenSmoothieGirl
Broccoli-Rice Bake with Coconut Curry Sauce
- 2 C brown rice rinsed well
- 4 C water
- 1 can 14 oz. coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- ½ C chopped cilantro
- ¼ C fresh parsley or 1 Tbsp. dried
- tomatoes chopped
- 1½ tsp. sea salt
- 3 stems of broccoli including most of stalk, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 oz. mushrooms washed well and cut in thirds
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
Bring the water and rice to a boil, turn down to medium low, cover, and simmer for 45 min.
In a large wok or frying pan, lightly sauté broccoli on medium high for 5 min., then add mushrooms and sauté another 2 min.
In a blender, blend coconut milk, cornstarch, curry powder, and salt. Add the blend to the vegetables and heat on medium high, stirring frequently, gradually reducing to a simmer until sauce is thickened. Toss mixture gently into brown rice, along with the parsley, tomato, and cilantro. Serve hot.