Radish Leaf Pesto and Noodles | GreenSmoothieGirl
Radish Leaf Pesto and Noodles
- 2 large handfuls radish leaves stems removed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup almonds or pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic cut in fourths
- 2 tbsp olive oil or more, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package whole wheat pasta penne or rigatoni is best
Put all ingredients other than pasta in a high powered blender and process in short pulses. You will have to scrape down the sides to get it all mixed in. Add more oil if it’s too thick.
Boil a package of whole wheat pasta. Cook for 2 minutes less than the package says.
Drain noodles but keep some of the cooking water.
Cook noodles in a pan over medium heat. Add pesto and stir to coat the noodles. If the mixture is too dry, add some cooking water.
Cook until pasta is done (1-2 more minutes).