Debbie’s Chocolate Bean Cake | GreenSmoothieGirl
Debbie's Chocolate Bean Cake
This chocolate cake leaves nothing behind with its rich, yummy flavor and nutritious ingredients.
- 2 cups whole-grain flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 cups cooked beans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups almond or rice milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup almond or rice milk
- 1-3 tsp vanilla
- 1-3 tsp flax oil or nut butter optional for texture
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine first 6 dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In blender, puree next 4 wet ingredients. Pour blender mix into bowl of dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add a little water if batter seems thick.
Pour into 8″ square baking pan. Bake 45 min. or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Cover with chocolate sauce.
Mix first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add next 3 wet ingredients and stir well. Ice on top of cake.