My survey of children’s literature uncovered absolutely no great books covering the truth about good nutrition! Age 4 to 10 is a critical age for education on good lifestyle choices to begin.
My new children’s fiction book, The Adventures of Junk Food Dude, has delightful illustrations by Lori Sume. A child gets far more from the story than a solid grounding in what foods to eat, and what foods to avoid, to be happy, healthy, and active.
These are the other messages taught within in the story geared to a young audience:
- Eating raw fruits and vegetables, greens, legumes and whole grains, nuts and seeds is fun, delicious, and nourishing.
- The consequences for choosing good foods and bad foods are far more than sugar spikes and crashes. They include positive or negative mood, healthy or unhealthy weight, how attractive you look, and whether you are able to participate fully in fun activities.
- You don’t have to be unpopular because you make excellent dietary choices.
- It’s never too late to start changing our choices, and finding better consequences.
- You can reach out to others and teach them, too, including your own family. Others will follow your example and be blessed by it!
A fun quiz at the end has readers sorting Green Smoothie Guy’s nutritious foods from Junk Food Dude’s junk foods.
And illustrated recipes at the end allow any child to enjoy choosing and making better snacks.
I wrote this book so anyone who cares about a child can give a gift that is three things: entertaining, uplifting, and educational.
In The Adventures of Junk Food Dude, Connor sheds his nickname and learns to be healthy and green!
In so doing, he inspires his family and friends. You can do that, too! Even if you’re very small.
That’s the beautiful thing about recipes made with fruits and veggies. Most require no cooking!
Get help from a responsible adult with the stove or oven, and using a knife safely.
You can whip up beautiful, delicious things in the kitchen that feed your body what it needs, to help you be your very best self. And your family and friends will be amazed and gobble up your creations!
Colorful, mostly raw healthy foods bring out the very best you! And they are fun to prepare.
Every recipe has a full-color photo on the facing page! You can make salads, smoothies, main dishes, treats, and much more!