tips for preventing H1N1 infection
My focus on this site is that when you don’t dump toxins and their byproducts (mycotoxins) into your body en masse in the form of processed foods, animal products, etc., you are stronger in the face of viral and bacterial infections.
But these are some interesting, simple, natural suggestions by Dr. Vinay Goyal, who has 20 years of clinical experience in hospitals:
1. Frequent hand-washing (well highlighted in all official communications)
2. Hands-off-the-face approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face
3. Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine if you don’t trust salt). H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/nasal cavity to proliferate and show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don’t underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method.
4. Similar to 3 above, clean your nostrils at least once every day with warm salt water. Not everybody may be good at Jala Neti or Sutra Neti (very good Yoga asanas to clean nasal cavities), but blowing the nose hard once a day and swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is very effective in bringing down viral population. [Robyn’s note: we have a neti pot that you can get at health food stores. My kids use it for occasional head congestion, without my telling them to, because it is so effective. Use warm salt water.]
5. Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C (Amla and other citrus fruits). If you have to supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption.
6. Drink as much of warm liquids (herbal tea, etc.) as you can. Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.
Posted in: Uncategorized