10 Things That Happen When You’re TOO ACIDIC
Today’s the last of my posts about what’s so powerful about owning a water ionizer, to combat all the factors in our environment (food, water, air, stress) that make us too acidic.
It makes your water mineral-rich, full of antioxidants to mop up free radicals in your body, and it increases your overall pH. You’ll hydrate faster and better, and it’s the easiest and quickest way to increase antioxidants and pH.
If you want in on the group buy at wholesale pricing, check out this page.
Today I want to share 10 Reasons To Avoid An Acidic pH:
- Corrodes arteries, veins, and heart tissue: acid eats away at the inner tissue of arteries, veins, and the heart, making them brittle and weak.
- Accelerates free-radical damage and premature aging: oxidative damage from free radicals is the root cause of aging and degenerative conditions.
- Causes weight gain, diabetes, and obesity: buildup of acid within the body adversely affects the body’s ability to use and produce insulin and leads to an accumulation of acidic wastes which must be stored (as fat) away from vital organs.
- Inhibits metabolism of stored energy reserves: As acid builds up, it must be neutralized with alkaline minerals. If we are prevented from efficiently metabolizing the food we eat because of this acidic buildup, those required minerals must come from the bones and other tissues of our bodies.
- Causes cholesterol plaque to form: cholesterol is used by the body to trap acidic wastes in the blood and to line vital blood vessels to protect them from further damage.
- Disrupts blood pressure: in the presence of acid, blood vessels are forced to redistribute blood towards the center of the body, which compounds the heart’s already heavy workload.
- Disrupts critical lipid and fatty acid metabolism: this is linked to neurological damage and hormonal imbalance.
- Inhibits cellular regeneration and DNA-RNA synthesis: in healthy cells, DNA-RNA production cannot occur below a certain pH. Incidentally, cancerous cells flourish in an acidic pH.
- Inhibits oxygen getting to the tissues. Hemoglobin is the protein in your blood, which transports the oxygen that you breathe in. If the pH of the blood becomes too acidic, hemoglobin loses its ability to carry oxygen effectively.
- Inhibits life-giving electrolyte activity: electrolytes are required for muscle control. The availability of electrolytes is especially important in the regulation of smooth muscles used in metabolism and heart function. For cooking, alkaline water has these advantages: sweeter-tasting juices, better tasting coffee and tea, naturally colored vegetables, and fluffier grains.
You’ll quickly be enjoying all the health benefits of your own alkaline drinking water at the touch of a button! I hope it’s a wonderful addition to your healthy lifestyle, as it has been for me.