Carrot Cake Cupcakes
These cupcakes come together beautifully, are easy to make, and delicious to eat!
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain kefir
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup sucanat
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups Kamut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp vital wheat gluten
- 3 cups fine shredded carrot
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut optional
- 1/2 cup golden raisin optional
- 1/2 cup rough chopped almonds optional
- Preheat oven to 350 °
- Blend the eggs with the Sucanat and honey. Add the coconut oil, kefir, mashed banana, vanilla and blend again.
Sift the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and vital wheat gluten through a fine strainer.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add the shredded carrot and the optional walnuts, coconut, and raisins, if using.
Drop the batter by ¼ C into a greased muffin tin and bake for 15-20 min.