Does your excitement about the holidays die when you think about the five pounds the average person gains?
If you find the thought of giving up standard, low-nutrition “comfort foods” difficult, there’s hope. You can make delicious foods that are good for you!
It’s not difficult to find alternatives to carrot cake, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, holiday ice creams, and many other goodies that we look forward to at the end of the year.
You just use different ingredients, with the same flavors, to achieve anywhere from much better nutrition to really excellent, all-raw nutrition.
To develop these recipes, I teamed up with GreenSmoothieGirl reader Desirée Ward, who is a genius in the kitchen. Katie Dudley did the fabulous photography.
I hope you enjoy a more healthful holiday season as a result of making and serving these creations!
- Halloween Chili
- Spicy Pumpkin Seeds (Raw Recipe)
- Creamy Mushroom Gravy
- Not Your Mama’s Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic-Greens Mashed Potatoes
- Citrus Cranberry Sauce
- The Whole Enchilada with Caramelized Onions
- Sweet Potato Curry
- Savory Green Beans with Tamari
- Butternut Squash and Lemongrass Soup
- Colorful Christmas Salad (Raw Recipe)
- Tangy Dill Dressing (Raw Recipe)
- Pomegranate Citrus Salad (Raw Recipe)
- Poppy Seed Dressing (Raw Recipe)
- Candied Pecans (Raw Recipe)
- Cinnamon Ice Cream & Variation (Raw Recipe)
- Hot Caramel Apple Topping
- Apple Crisp
- Effortless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Holiday Cookie Mix & Variations
- Vegan Pumpkin Cookies & Variation
- Ginger Cookies (Gingerbread)
- Chia Snowballs
- Nutty Caramel Corn
- Desirée’s Guilt-Free Dark Fudge (Raw Recipe)
- Robyn’s Candy Bar Fudge (Raw Recipe)
- Holiday Green Smoothie (Raw Recipe)
- Pumpkin Pie with Cinnamon Cashew Cream (Raw Recipe)
- Craig’s Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins
- Vegan Coconut Cream Frosting
- Cinnamon Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Waffles or Pancakes
- Quick Applesauce for Waffles/Pancakes (Raw Recipe)