The Adventures of Junk Food Dude
Robyn’s children’s fiction book, The Adventures of Junk Food Dude, has delightful illustrations by Lori Sume. A child gets far more from the story than a solid grounding in what foods to eat, and what foods to avoid, to be happy, healthy, and active.
These are the other messages taught within in the story geared to a young audience:
- Eating raw fruits and vegetables, greens, legumes and whole grains, nuts and seeds is fun, delicious, and nourishing.
- The consequences for choosing good foods and bad foods are far more than sugar spikes and crashes. They include positive or negative mood, healthy or unhealthy weight, how attractive you look, and whether you are able to participate fully in fun activities.
- You don’t have to be unpopular because you make excellent dietary choices.
- It’s never too late to start changing our choices, and finding better consequences.
- You can reach out to others and teach them, too, including your own family. Others will follow your example and be blessed by it!
A fun quiz at the end has readers sorting Green Smoothie Guy’s nutritious foods from Junk Food Dude’s junk foods.
And illustrated recipes at the end allow any child to enjoy choosing and making better snacks.
Save with The Adventures of Junk Food Dude, and Junk Food Dude’s Yummy Healthy Recipes bundle!