Hey there, glad to have you! Here's my ACTION PLAN for how you can best minimize EMF, forever!
In case you missed it, make sure to check out my blog, where I go super in-depth on EMF and why it is something that you should avoid and eliminate from your home. Below is a quick list of tips and tricks that will help you and your family. I've grouped them from easiest and cheapest to ideas that may cost a bit more time and money, so that you can eliminate EMF using micro steps.
Easy, Free, or Really Inexpensive
2. Unplug things you aren’t using. Not everyone agrees this is important, but some evidence suggests outlets “leak” energies and even more so if a charger or something else is plugged in.
3. Lightbulbs (CFL’s, the swirly lightbulbs that contain mercury) put out lots of EMF and emit 70% mercury into environment within first 3 days after installing. So replace with Incandescent bulbs (around $15 for an 8-pack) instead. LED’s (around $20 for an 8-pack) are the second best option, but test them with your EMF meter, because some brands are better than others.
4. If you can’t have your cell phone off, put it 8 feet away from you.
6. Ground yourself often by standing barefoot or lying down on Earth (grass or dirt). It discharges EMF clutter out of your body, and you pick up important electrons that mop up free radicals. This helps you be restored to your optimal vibrational frequency.
8. Get an inexpensive timer (around $10) for your Wi-Fi modem so it turns off at night.
A Bit More Effort and Money
9. Get a good EMF Meter, to see if you have EMF emitting from outlets, lightbulbs, devices, etc., so you know where you may need filters. This $130 meter is our favorite for checking outlets. And this is our favorite trifield option for $110 (it checks everywhere, not just outlets).
Tip: When you test your home for dirty electricity with an EMF meter, you want all areas to be under 50 units. Test lightbulbs, outlets, appliances, meters, and devices.
(You can use a portable radio as a makeshift EMF meter: when it buzzes, it is picking up EMF.)
10. Invest in some filters ($30 each, or less for packs) to significantly reduce the amount of “dirty electricity” leaking in your home or work. The average home needs about 20. This is the most direct, effective, and practical way to clean up this particular type of electropollution. (We like this company’s discounted packs for specific home sizes.)
11. Dimmer switches have a lot of dirty electricity when they are set on low. The excess comes out into the environment. Avoid dimmer switches or keep them on high.
13. Wi-Fi disorganizes photons in your body so your cells aren’t communicating properly. Short exposure may be necessary, but constant exposure puts you at high risk. So put a timer on your Wi-Fi modem, keep it turned off on kids’ phones, and increase your data plan so you rarely need it.
Fun fact: Bees will leave a hive if you bring Wi-Fi near it!
Data is better than Wi-Fi on your phone because it pings every 5 minutes, whereas Wi-Fi searching for signal is constant. Get a bigger data plan, worth the money to avoid Wi-Fi. But still, have it off when not using it. Put your phone in airplane mode at night, and/or charge it out of your bedroom. Nighttime should be a chance to have a full detox from EMF during all your sleeping hours.
14. Wear leather soled shoes when possible, or try “Earth Runners.” Earth Runners are grounded minimalist sandals inspired by the Tarahumara Indians of Northwestern Mexico. These types of shoe soles “ground” you because it helps EMF to pass through body into ground. Rubber blocks electrical grounding.
15. Wear a crystal Q-link. They have an amazing effect in restoring your natural vibrational frequency. Keeping crystals in your bra can work wonders. With the Q-link, wear it as close to your heart as possible, around your neck. My kids and I wear them at all times, and they look cool, so even a teen boy will wear it.
17. Take GreenSmoothieGirl Ultimate Minerals every morning and night to mop up free radicals and protect against cell damage, as radiation-protecting iodine and all minerals are represented. And you can get $5 off by using the coupon code FIVEOFF during checkout!
EMF’s are much more harmful to children than adults! So be sure to test with your EMF meter in children’s rooms and where they spend time, put a xZubi on their devices, turn Wi-Fi off (only airplane mode), and replace CMF bulbs with incandescent.
Never text in a parked car. You’ve become an antennae. And using Wi-Fi in your car makes you an antennae in a microwave! Worse yet, wearing metal jewelry, texting in a parked car or using Wi-Fi in a parked car.
If you are already dealing with a heath issue--heavy metal toxic overload, or viral infection, or recovering from cancer, for instance--EMF overexposure can intensify and amplify other illnesses because the immune system is weakened.
Thank you to Dr. Libby Darnell who helped me with this research, after recovering her health that had been devastated by EMF. Check out her wonderful four-part blog series on EMF at http://www.revivedliving.com/emfs/
Tip 1: You are exposed to more radiation while you fly in the daytime, less when you fly at night. A mineral every cell needs is iodine. Iodine protects from EMF’s really well, and antioxidants in general are great for that.
So take GreenSmoothieGirl Ultimate Minerals when you travel, a double dose morning and night. It is simply concentrated fulvic and humic acids from the Earth, a full spectrum of all 90 minerals and trace minerals (including iodine) from ancient plant deposits. We don’t take synthetic isolates or minerals, or supplements made from rocks and chalk that the body doesn’t metabolize well.
Tip 2: Opt out of the scanners at the airport. TSA does not want a baby going anywhere near the scanner. So why do they tell you that you are safe? They said the X-Ray machines were safe, and they weren’t. For 10 years now, TSA has told us these new ones are safe, but let’s not be guinea pigs.
New published research shows that the radioactive output of the TSA scanners is significant. And it’s the cumulative effect that is the problem. So, if you travel a lot, opt out of the scanner, and they’ll give you a quick patdown instead.
Tip 3: When you’re flying, take your shoes off in your seat, if you have rubber soled shoes. Then you will discharge EMF onto the floor. After you travel, when you get to your hotel, walk on the grass or dirt barefoot for 5 minutes and now you’re good to go--you’ve discharged!