GreenSmoothieGirl.com Affiliate Program Terms & Conditions
Effective January 1, 2014
Participation in the GreenSmoothieGirl.com Affiliate Program requires agreement to these terms and conditions. You may not participate in the program if you do not understand and agree to these terms and conditions.
Scope and Eligibility
Our Affiliate Program is designed to provide an incentive for Affiliates to regularly promote GSG products and services. The program will reward health professionals and educators who demonstrate a regular effort to promote GSG products and services. Affiliates are paid a referral commission based on a percentage of the sale amount of an eligible sale.
Being a GSG Affiliate requires ongoing promotion of GSG products or services through any of the following venues:
1) a website that actively promotes GSG products or services,
2) an active blog, social network presence, newsletter, or email campaign that actively promotes GSG products or services,
3) a health practice or program that actively promotes GSG products or services.
Please contact affiliate support to see if any alternative approaches to promoting GSG products and services qualify.
What a Referral Is
A referral is a record of an eligible sale that resulted from a visit to GSG.com via an affiliate link.
Example A: 1.) Joe clicks on your affiliate link, 2.) Joe purchases an eligible item, 3.) you are credited with a referral.
Example B: 1.) Jen clicks on your affiliate link, 2.) Jen does not purchase an eligible item, 3.) you are not credited with a referral.
We do not give credit for referrals on orders that have already been completed, or that were not processed through an affiliate link.
Log in to create Affiliate Links
Your Performance: Earnings and Stats Defined
- Pending Approval: Referrals generated by your affiliate link which have not yet been verified. Referrals are verified monthly per the Payment Schedule.
- Scheduled for Payment: Referrals approved and scheduled for payment per the Payment Schedule.
- Paid: Referrals for which payment has already been sent.
- Ineligible: Referrals which were ineligible for commissions.
Calculation of Referral Commissions
Referral commissions are based on the net price of the sale. Eligible items earn 20% of the net price, except Detox memberships and manuals which earn 40% of the net price. Product eligibility and rates may change any time without notice.
- Taxes, shipping, and coupon values are excluded in the calculation of commissions
- Items sold via external vendors are not eligible for referral commissions
- Coupons, sale-prices, or other discounts disqualify orders. The only exception is the coupon FIVEOFF; which does not disqualify orders from referral commissions.
- Ineligible Items include Group Buy, blenders, essential oils, food bars, Ionizers, Saunas
Bonus Rate Opportunity: The bonus rate opportunity has been discontinued.
Rates and terms may change without notice.
- Regular-priced items only
- No coupons except FIVEOFF
- Not all items are eligible
Payment of Commissions
Commission payments are made to the email address associated with the Affiliate account via PayPal. Unclaimed, denied, undeliverable, or returned payments will not be re-sent without detailed notification from the account holder. You are responsible for keeping your Affiliate account email address current. Payments are made according to the payment schedule in the Affiliate Area.
Commission Payment Chargebacks and Miscalculations
Chargebacks are retractions of commission payments due to refunds issued on orders which had generated referral commissions. If a refund is issued for an order which generated a commission for an affiliate, the commission will be retracted in one of two methods described below. If a miscalculation has resulted in a commission payment to our detriment, the commission may be retracted in one of two methods described below.
- The retracted commission amount will be deducted from the Affiliate’s current or future commission payment.
- The retracted commission amount will be requested from the Affiliate’s PayPal account. PayPal does not charge a fee if payment is made from your PayPal balance or bank account. See PayPal for details.
Although we take measures to minimize chargebacks by postponing commission payouts until the typical refund period has passed, it is possible that chargebacks will occur.
Failure to Use Affiliate Link
Orders placed by customers who failed to use an affiliate link are not eligible for referral consideration. Requests for retroactive referrals will not be accepted for existing orders without prior approval.
If you have referred a customer to our site and the customer failed to use your affiliate link for any reason, a referral will not be credited to your account retroactively. If a customer you referred to our site finds the use of your affiliate link to be problematic, contact us immediately.
Certain venues will receive permission in advance for customers to place orders by manually entering an affiliate link url. For example, an alternative health practice who directly promotes GSG products on location, but does not have a website or online venue to promote GSG products, may receive approval for retroactive referrals.
Since GSG Affiliates are required to actively promote GSG products and services, it is expected that referrals be generated by use of affiliate link.
Review the Scope and Eligibility section for approved venues. Potential Affiliates who operate in a venue not included in the Scope and Eligibility section may contact affiliate support to request approval for an alternative venue.
- Copying and/or distributing content from greensmoothiegirl.com without express permission is not allowed.
- Copying and/or distributing content from books, eBooks, newsletters, or emails is not allowed.
- Publishing affiliate links repetitiously, in a misleading way, or without adequate promotional content is considered misuse.
- Detox content and materials may not be shared outside the Detox Portal. Affiliates wishing to promote Detox products and memberships should create promotional material congruent with the public Detox page, public product pages, or personal experience. Care should be taken to not reveal the unique aspects or methods of the Detox program that would normally only be available to Detox members in the Detox Portal, or Detox Manual owners.
- Copying and distribution of GSG content can be copyright infringement. All content on greensmoothiegirl.com is copyrighted. If in doubt, inquire to affiliate support.
Affiliate Best Practices – coming soon
Federal Tax Documents – 1099-MISC
As of January 1, 2014, any Affiliate who is paid at least $600.00 by GSG during the calendar year, whether through the GSG Affiliate program or by other means, will be sent IRS Form 1099-MISC as required by law. By participating in our Affiliate Program, you agree to provide the information necessary for the processing and delivery of this annual tax document.
Regardless of the amount of Affiliate earnings, Affiliates are responsible for reporting all Affiliate commissions as gross income. It is taxable income.
Terms of Affiliate Program Membership
Affiliates will not receive referral commissions for their own purchases unless they have generated more than one customer referral and have demonstrated an ongoing effort to promote the products and services offered for sale on the GSG website through an approved venue. Affiliates will not receive referral commissions for their own purchases during any calendar month unless they have generated monthly sales from other eligible referrals of at least $200.00.
Our affiliate program does not allow participation for the primary purpose of earning referral commission for your own purchases. Since determining this type of misuse of the affiliate program can be difficult, we rely on affiliates and customers to report such misuse.
If you have used our affiliate program to primarily receive referral commissions for your own purchases, and we have paid you for those referrals, it does not mean we permit such use of the program. Accounts that are discovered to have used the program for personal benefits may be closed without notice.
Reciprocation of referrals between affiliates to meet monthly minimums is not allowed and may result in closure of both affiliate accounts.
Returns will not be accepted for orders placed by affiliates if the reason for the return is that the affiliate did not receive an expected referral commission for the order.
Program Membership Summary
- Ongoing promotion required: Affiliates must actively promote GSG products or services in an approved venue
- Non-personal use: the Affiliate program may not be used primarily for personal purchases
- $200 monthly minimum: Affiliates must generate minimum sales of $200.00 in any month to receive commissions for personal purchases made during that month
GSG Right to Manage the Affiliate Program
Affiliate accounts in violation of any terms may be deactivated without notice. Violators may also be banned from the GSG website without notice.
We reserve the right to accept or deny referrals at our discretion.
We reserve this right to raise, lower, or discontinue commission rates at any time. We reserve the right to decline or terminate affiliate accounts if we feel our products or services are not being publicized in an appropriate manner or if we have any other concern about the advertising or marketing techniques employed by the Affiliate.
Affiliates have no obligation to continue and may terminate this agreement at any time.
Terms and conditions may change without notice.
When emailing affiliate support, please include a link to or copy of your promotional material associated with the order in question, along with the name, order number, and/or email address of the customer.
Please direct Affiliate Program questions to affiliate support.