Here’s my everyday green smoothie “template” recipe. It allows you to use virtually any green, and any fruit, maximizing the greens. Enjoy!
Robyn’s Green Smoothie Template Recipe
Makes 8 cups of 100% raw smoothie.
Put 2 1/2 cups filtered water in the BlendTec Total Blender.
- ½ tsp. stevia (herbal sweetener) or ¼ cup raw, organic agave nectar (low glycemic index)
- ¼ whole lemon, including peel (anti-skin cancer, high in flavanoids)
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh, refrigerated flax oil (omega-3 rich oil)
Gradually add greens until, briefly pureed, the mixture comes up the 5-cup line (or less if you are “converting”):
- ¾ to 1 lb. raw, washed greens, added up to 5 ½ cup line: spinach, chard, kale, collards
Puree greens mixture for 90 seconds until very smooth.
Gradually add fruit until the container is very full, blend 90 seconds or until smooth:
- 1-2 bananas
- 1-2 cups frozen mixed berries
- any other fruit to taste: pears, peaches, apples, oranges, apricots, cantaloupe, mango, pineapple
Make a full blender and you’ll have some to drink, and some to share. I know from my research that 84 percent of my readers who have adopted a green-smoothie habit are teaching others about it!
That’s your goal for today!
To Your Health,
p.s. Tips: For beginners and those trying to convert children, consider using LESS greens and MORE fruit (especially berries and bananas) in the beginning, gradually working up to a 50/50 ratio as described here. With kids, consider using only spinach the first few days, then sneak in chard, collards, and kale, the other mild but excellent greens gradually. Add other savory or bitter greens only when your family are “experts” in green smoothies! Add a bit more water if you feel the smoothie is too thick.
I also have a collection on the site of 230 green smoothie recipes, most of which were contributed as “favorites” by readers! Check it out.